- 02.08.23. Join our team. Do you want to be a part of our studio? We are currently looking for a Studio Administrator to join our team. For more information click here!
- 21.12.22 — Launch and christening of M/Y CocoonOur latest boat project M/Y Cocoon built by Moonen Yachts in the Netherlands had it's launch and christening on the 9th of December. We have executed the interior design and the exterior styling of this beautiful yacht that will be fully completed in April 2023. Read more about the project here.
- 15.11.22 — Karlatornet – the tallest building in EUConstruction of Gothenburg's first skyscraper, Karlatornet, has started on the skylevel and penthouse residential storeys from floor 59-73 that Serneke commissioned Andreas Martin-Löf Arkitekter to design. The tower is already Scandinavia's tallest building, and when completed it will become the tallest skyscraper in the European Union. Follow progress at Projekt Karlatornet and www.instagram.com/karlatornet.
- 02.02.22 — Digital launch – WendelstrandWe are proud to present #Wendelstrand, a co-creation with @nextstepgroup and a great team of collaborators. The transformation of a former quarry into 1000 sustainable homes in Mölnlycke begins now! Watch the first episode of The Dream of Wendelstrand here.
- 13.07.21 — Baltic 110 CustomWe are delighted to announce that we have been commissioned to develop the interior design of the Baltic 110 Custom, a 110 foot sailing yacht with electric propulsion, due for delivery in 2023. The yacht will be built in Finland by Baltic Yachts and designed by naval architects Malcolm McKeon Yacht Design.
- 08.06.21 — JOTEX X AMLIn collaboration with the Swedish interior design company Jotex we have designed a collection of outdoor furniture. 'ASPVIK' consisting of a chair, sofa, a deck chair and a table is locally manufactured in Sweden by outdoor furniture producers Hillerstorp using Swedish, FSC-certified pine. Check out the collection here.
- 25.03.21 — Atmosfär, KarlastadenCommissioned by Serneke and Tosito, Andreas Martin-Löf Arkitekter has been selected to design the new 17-storey housing project Atmosfär in Karlastaden, Gothenburg. Read the full press release here!
- 12.02.21 — Ten Hotel nominated for PLÅT21Our project Ten Hotel, opening this spring, has been selected as one of six finalists in the competition PLÅT21. The winner will be announced on March 18.
- 11.01.21 — Solitär, UppsalaIn collaboration with Junior Living we are currently developing Solitär - a housing project in Luthagen, Uppsala. The project adopts the same modular construction system as our affordable housing projects in Västberga and Råcksta. This time the concept has been adopted with larger apartments made up of two connected modules as well as generous social spaces. Read more about the project here.
- 10.09.20 — Andreas Martin-Löf + Johan Fowelin / Books and PhotographyExhibition at Nordiska Galleriet.
The Time Capsule (2018) series by photographer Johan Fowelin depict the interior of Kungsholmstorg 1, originally built in 1937, before a major renovation took place in the hands of architect Andreas Martin-Löf. What could have been a nostalgic “before” in a “before and after” story in a magazine, is everything but just that. The photographs captivate the viewer in an at once magical and realistic approach to the subject.
One to One is the first book on the work of Andreas Martin-Löf Arkitekter, released in 2019 by Art and Theory Publishing. Encompassing twenty selected design projects, one of which is the above-mentioned restoration of Kungsholmstorg 1.
Vernissage 16 September 2020 at 5:00 - 7:00pm.
Exhibition on view 16 September - 30 October 2020 at Nordiska Galleriet, Nybrogatan 11.
- 15.04.20 — Årets Stockholmsbyggnad 2020We are happy to announce that our projects Balneum and Snabba Hus Råcksta have been selected as two of the finalists for Årets Stockholmsbyggnad 2020. Vote for our projects here before 24 May!
- 04.02.20 — Nominated for Guldhemmet 2019Our affordable housing project Snabba Hus Råcksta has been nominated for Guldhemmet 2019 in the category 'Housing developer of the year 2019', awarded by Hemnet.
- 15.12.19 — Completion of Snabba Hus RåckstaTogether with Svenska Bostäder, Jagvillhabostad.nu and Junior Living we have completed 247 apartments in our second Snabba Hus project located in Råcksta, west of Stockholm.
- 28.11.19 — The first 10 years of AMLAndreas Martin-Löf Arkitekter is celebrating its tenth anniversary with the release of the book 'One to One' and a temporary exhibition. Download the full press release here.
- 17.05.19 — Development of new project on Norr MälarstrandTogether with Riddarfjärdens Marina we are designing and developing a combined restaurant and harbor office on the the quay area of Norr Mälarstrand on Kungsholmen, Stockholm. Our project is part of the proposal which also include a new pedestrian crossing and renovation of the existing buildings on the quay towards Riddarfjärden. The proposal is currently being reviewed at the municipality until 5 June.
- 09.04.19 — Lecture at RWTH Aachen University, Tuesday 28 MayAndreas Martin-Löf will give a lecture on the work of Andreas Martin-Löf Arkitekter with a focus on modular housing, at RWTH Aachen University, Tuesday 28 May, 7:00pm.
- 08.02.19 — Spatial Sensibilities in collaboration with FramaIn collaboration with our friends at Frama Studio we showcased "Spatial Sensibilities" in the newly renovated space of Andreas Martin-Löf during Stockholm Design Week 2019. See photos here.
- 11.12.18 — Lyceum is nominated for Bostadspriset 2018Our project Lyceum is one of four projects nominated for Bostadspriset 2018, awarded to the best residential project of the year by the Association of Swedish architects.
Read the motivation of the jury here.
- 14.11.18 — Hemma Hos ArkitektenGet to know Andreas Martin-Löf and his architecture in the sixth episode of the TV show "Hemma Hos Arkitekten" aired on SVT2 and SVT Play. The TV show follow six Swedish architects that invite us into their private homes, all designed and drawn by themselves. Watch the episode here.
- 15.06.18 — Construction start for new Snabba Hus projects in RåckstaThe construction of 381 apartments in Råcksta and Norra Ängby has now begun. This is the second Snabba Hus project and it adopts the same modular concept as our recent projects Eda Knivsta and Snabba Hus Västberga. The project is commissioned by Svenska Bostäder in collaboration with jagvillhabostad.nu, produced by Junior Living and designed by Andreas Martin-Löf Arkitekter.
- 08.06.18 — Winning entry for land allocation competition in ÄlvsjöWe are happy to announce that we are continuing our cooperation with Serneke after winning the land allocation competition for Solberga in Älvsjö, south of Stockholm.
Solberga is a neighborhood built in the 1950s. The competition entry consists of four buildings with up to seven plans and relates to the surrounding buildings as well as the terrain while showing architectural creativity.
- 27.02.18 — DesignMarch 2018 in Reykjavik, IcelandOn March 15, Andreas Martin-Löf will give a lecture at DesignTalks, the opening event of the Icelandic Design festival DesignMarch 2018 in Reykjavik. Read more about the event here.
- 29.11.17 — Kvarnbergsterrassen in Gustavsberg, VärmdöTogether with Oscar Properties we have won the land allocation competition for expansion and developing of housing and premises on Kvarnbergsterrassen, located in Gustavsberg in the Stockholm archipelago. The jury acclaimed the proposal for its fine architectural qualities, carefully designed details and for taking the cultural environment and the existing buildings in the area into consideration.
- 08.11.17 — Winners of Nordic Architecture Fair AwardWe won the Nordic Architecture Fair Award 2017 with our project Snabba Hus in Västberga.
Many thanks to all persons involved in the project and to the jury of NAF Award 2017.
Read the jury's motivation here.
- 23.10.17 — Nordic Architecture Fair Award 2017Our affordable housing project Snabba Hus Västberga has been nominated for the Nordic Architecture Fair Award 2017. For more info read the full press release.
- 01.07.17 — Summer Holiday 2017We want to wish all of our clients and collaborators a lovely summer. Our office will be closed from the 10th of July to the 6th of August.
- 19.06.17 — New projects together with Tobin PropertiesWe are pleased to announce that we have started collaborating together with Tobin Properties, to design and develop their projects Funkispalatset and Köpmannagården, located in central Uppsala.
- 01.06.17 — Guldrummet 2017We are happy to announce that we have received the prize Guldrummet 2017 for our project Västberga Snabba Hus and our solution to one of today's major challenges, the housing shortage. Many thanks to all persons involved in the project and to the jury of Stockholms arkitektförening.
- 19.02.17 — Cooperation for the future SturekvarteretTogether with four other architect teams and Snøhetta as landscape architects Andreas Martin-Löf Arkitekter is developing Sturekvarteret to become a more functional, connected and beautiful place. For more info read the full press release.
- 01.02.17 — Andreas Martin-Löf Arkitekter in joint exhibition with FramaDuring Stockholm Design Week we have teamed up with the Copenhagen-based creative studio Frama - With our complimentary approach to materials and form, we will both introduce our latest pieces. Open for public at Norr Mälarstrand 36, Stockholm, February 7-11 between 2:00-5:00 pm.
- 31.01.17 — Andreas Martin-Löf exhibiting at Svensk Form, February 7-11During Stockholm Design Week, Svensk Form and Stockholms Auktionsverk arrange a curated exhibition and auction with works from the design award Ung Svensk Form, follow the award since the start in 1998 until today. As the winner of award in 1999, Andreas Martin-Löf will contribute both to the exhibition and the auction with special designed pieces.
- 18.11.16 — Lecture at University of PisaAndreas Martin-Löf will give a lecture on the modular housing projects designed by A.M.L. Arkitekter at the conference "New Perspective on Housing - Low cost, high performance", University of Pisa, Friday November 18.
- 07.11.16 — Lecture at Chalmers School of ArchitectureAndreas Martin-Löf will give a lecture on the work of Andreas Martin-Löf Arkitekter at Chalmers, Gothenburg, Wednesday November 09, 4:00pm.
- 23.09.16 — In conversation with Ilse CrawfordAndreas Martin-Löf, Rocky Jacobs and Ilse Crawford will discuss the ever-changing nature of our homes, lives and technology in the 21st century - and how to design for such a increasingly connected world at a panel organized by Monocle at The Pickle Factory during the London design week. Friday September 23, 8:00 pm.
- 08.09.16 — Lecture at Strelka Institute of ArchitectureAndreas Martin-Löf will give a lecture on the work of AML at Strelka Institute, Moscow, Thursday September 8, 7:00pm.
- 20.05.16 — Andreas Martin-Löf Arkitekter at Venice Biennale 2016Our two projects Eda and Aspvik house are shown in the Nordic Pavilion at the 2016 Venice Architecture Biennale, as a part of the exhibition "In Therapy", curated by David Basulto.
- 09.02.16 — Scandinavia’s tallest buildingAndreas Martin-Löf Arkitekter commissioned to develop the concept and interiors for about a hundred of the top apartments in Karlatornet - the tallest building in Scandinavia, located on Lindholmen, Gothenburg. Karlatornet with its 230 meters is built by Serneke and designed by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill.
- 10.10.15 — Installation at Sthlm Furniture Fair 2016We are proud to announce that we are going to design next year’s Design Bar and Design Talks area for Stockholm Furniture & Light Fair 2016. Under the concept “All the fun of the fair”, we would like to create an evocative, cozy atmosphere that is miles away from hard wooden chairs and Scandinavian simplicity.
The Design Bar, which is a cross between an exhibition and a world-class restaurant and highlights the interplay between food and its surroundings, will be created this year in cooperation with the award-winning chef, Fredrik Eriksson.
- 10.09.15 — Construction starts in VästbergaWe have now begun the construction of 280 small one room apartments in Västberga, commissioned by Svenska Bostäder. The project adopts the same modular concept that was used in our recent project Eda in Knivsta which is developed and designed by Andreas Martin-Löf Arkitekter together with Junior Living, the entrepreneur and producer of the housing modules.
The main focus of the project is to help young people enter the property market by building innovative and modern apartments, where efficiency and quality interact.
- 20.02.15 — HG7, Studio N°4 finally completedOur project HG7, Studio N°4 is finally completed and new residents have already moved in to these new designed apartments in Hammarby Sjöstad, Stockholm.
- 23.01.15 — Årets Arkitekt 2014In early December 2014 Andreas Martin-Löf Arkitekter became Residence magazine’s ‘Architect of the Year’ by receiving their Stora Formpris. The award recognizes the year’s leading designers, architects and creative people who have contributed to make everyday life better and more beautiful.
The jury praised the studio for taking housing in Stockholm in two directions – by creating highly exclusive architecture, but also developing what all cities need – low-cost housing that doesn’t sacrifice quality and design.
Read more here – Residence Stora Formpris 2014
- 30.08.13 — Stockholm Continental – Continental ApartmentsCommissioned by leading European construction group Strabag and Swedish real estate developer Jernhusen and in collaboration with our friends at Hultman Part Vogt, we have been selected to design high-end apartments on the four top floors of Stockholm Continental, the 19-storey building between Klara Kyrka and Stockholm Central Station which will be the main entrance to Stockholm’s new Citybanan train-line.
The building by 3XN will soon be out of the ground so we have to draw quickly over the coming months to keep ahead of the construction work. The apartments will have terraces and roof-top gardens with stunning views over the city. So after years of working on projects closer to the ground – now the sky is the limit!
- 09.08.13 — Nybrogatan 19Commissioned by Oscar Properties and Judaica, Andreas Martin-Löf Arkitekter has developed a masterplan proposal for the conversion of Sofi Almqvists samskola at Nybrogatan into 42 new apartments. The masterplan, which also includes a public courtyard, new Jewish centre and a school has now been approved.
- 16.02.13 — Byggnadspriset 2012The Hat Factory has received the 2012 Stockholm Local Heritage Federation restoration award (Byggnadspriset) for skillfully executed conversion. The jury consisted of delegates from the County Administrative Board, Stockholm City Museum, the Council for the Protection of Stockholm’s Beauty and the Local Heritage Federation.
- 15.02.13 — Winning entry for the land allocation competition in Gamla UppsalaUppsala municipality recently announced the winner of the land allocation competition for new compact apartments in Gamla Uppsala, Uppsala Nyby. The winning entry is the concept and masterplan designed by Andreas Martin-Löf Arkitekter together with Junior Living. The jury praised the proposal for the well-handled design of simple structures and the balanced relationship created between the new buildings and the surrounding park and streets.
- 24.01.13 — HG7 in collaboration with Oscar PropertiesOscar Properties’ plans for a residential block in Hammarby Sjöstad designed by seven talented young architectural practices have now been revealed. We have designed one of the buildings called Studio 4°. Construction began in December 2012.
- 16.12.12 — Nybrogatan 57The 41 apartments in the former post office at Nybrogatan 57 in Stockholm which we designed for premium real estate developer Oscar Properties are now ready for sale. For further information please contact Oscar Properties.
- 10.12.12 — Launch of AML ShopFollowing the success of the Clamp Lamp and our Monocle magazine collaborations we are now about to launch our own web shop with old classics and fresh new studio items. The first batch of lamps will arrive in January 2013.
- 25.10.12 — Ängsbotten, Norra DjurgårdstadenOur apartment project for Aros Bostadsutveckling in Norra Djurgårdsstaden has now reached the first phase of consultation and is being exhibited at SBK until January 2013.
- 09.10.12 — Master Training fitness clubIn October 2012 private fitness club Master Training opened the doors to their new premises in the former post office at Nybrogatan 57 in Stockholm. The alterations, courtyard addition and interior design were executed by Andreas Martin-Löf Arkitekter. Furnishing and styling by Lena Widenfelt and Anna-Johanna Bonnier.
- 19.02.12 — Showroom for MassproductionsThe contemporary Swedish furniture company Massproductions commissioned us to design the interior for their new showroom on the canal-front in Hammarby Sjöstad. The space is divided into a retail showroom and stockroom by a simple partition with custom designed sliding doors. Materials and colours were selected to provide a clean canvas against which to display their stunning furniture collection.
- 25.01.12 — Monocle Library LampThe first batch of the Martin-Löf x Monocle Library Lamps, our second collaboration with Monocle, arrived in the office just before Christmas. Next week they will be travelling again to their final destinations in the Monocle Shops around the globe. For more information read Monocle #50 or visit monocle.com.
- 25.06.11 — New work for Monocle and WinkreativeMidori House is the new home and headquarters for Monocle and sister company Winkreative. The AML team has been involved in the project since the summer of 2010. The final location, at the Midori House in Marlybone, was agreed upon as the result of an investigation into various properties and locations. We were then responsible for designing the ground floor; creating a reception area, waiting room, staff kitchen and canteen that can be turned into a space for hosting events and the new radio studios for Monocle 24.
- 15.05.11 — Kammakargatan 38 in collaboration with Oscar PropertiesThe construction of 10 apartments in a little townhouse at Kammakargatan 38 in Stockholm has now started. We have drawn everything from building permission and construction documents to custom made kitchens and a Japanese garden at the lower courtyard. For further information contact Oscar Properties.
Andreas Martin-Löf Arkitekter is a dynamic and creative practice, leading the field with a belief in the power of architecture as an engine of progress for people and society. Founded in 2008 by Andreas Martin-Löf and based in Stockholm with a team of 30, AML has a portfolio of award-winning projects that span residential, cultural and commercial sectors, private and public. The practice is driven by curiosity and a questioning mindset exploring the tension of man and space, past and future, hand and machine, function and feeling. Their architecture is celebrated for its intelligent and intuitive response, combining rational rigour with the soul of craft to deliver buildings and interiors of compelling quality and character that are loved.
Absolut, ADIA, Advokatfirman Lindahl, Akelius, APT Properties, Aros Bostadsutveckling, Bordsjö Skogar, c/o Hotels, Estancia Fastigheter, Genova Property Group, Glommen Lindberg, IKEA / Boklok, Industricentralen, Jernhusen, Junior Living, Kulturhuset, Laterre Invest, Leijontornet, Medvind Design, Monocle Magazine, Nordic Property Management, Oscar Properties, Restaurangakademien, Riddarfjärdens Marina, RydinCarlsten, Röhsska museet, Savana Invest, Select Travel, Serneke, Signum Fastigheter, Sisifos Projektutveckling, Skanska, Skogsindustrierna, Slättö Förvaltning, Sotogrande, Stackelberg & CO, Storstaden, Strabag, Svenska Bostäder, Svensk Form, Tobin Properties, Trä- och Möbelindustriförbundet, Varnergruppen, Wallenstam, Winkreative and private clients.
We are currently looking for a studio administrator to join our office. See more information about the role here.
Applications from talented and experienced architects, interior architects, building engineers and designers are always welcome. Send your portfolio and CV to email@example.com